Functionally Immortalized Alveolar Epithelial Cells
Studying the absorption and toxicity of inhaled drugs or chemicals requires a model reflecting the essential features of the air-blood barrier. For this purpose, InSCREENeX developed a novel alveolar type I cell line using the CI-SCREEN technology (recently published in Nature Communications; Lipps et al., 2018). In a joint collaboration project between the groups from Prof. Dr. Claus-Michael Lehr (Helmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS), Prof. Dr. Dagmar Wirth (Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) and InSCREENeX the CI-hAELVi cell line was established and extensively characterized. This work is highlighted in the peer-reviewed paper published by Kuehn et al., 2016.
Specifications of CI-hAELVi
- Characteristic expression of epithelial cell markers (e.g. Occludin, ZO-1)
- Type-I-like properties (expression of Caveolin-1, absence of surfactant Prot C)
- Growth in liquid-liquid as well as air-liquid conditions
- Tight intercellular junctions and formation of desmosomes
- Low permeability
- Transepithelial Electrical Resistance (TEER)-formation
|Product Name||Cat. No.||Information||Price|
Human Alveolar Epithelial cells
|INS-CI-1015||Data sheet||Get prices|
|Product Name||Cat. No.||Size||Price|
|huAEC Medium (ready-to-use)||INS-ME-1013-100ml||100 ml||€ 75.00|
|huAEC Medium (ready-to-use)||INS-ME-1013-500ml||500 ml||€ 290.00|
|huAEC Coating solution||INS-SU-1018||20 ml||€ 40.00|
|huAEC Coating solution||INS-SU-1018-100ml||5x20 ml||€ 160.00|
|Freezing medium||INS-SU-1004||30 ml||€ 29.20|
Related Protocols for Cultivation of CI-hAELVi
- Co-culture of human alveolar epithelial (hAELVi) and macrophage (THP-1) cell lines. Kletting S et al., ALTEX. 2017;34(4). doi: 10.14573/altex.1607191. Epub 2017 Nov 23 [link].
- Human Alveolar Epithelial Cells Expressing Tight Junctions to Model the Air-Blood Barrier. Kuehn A et al., ALTEX. 2016; 33(3):251-60 [link].